Best Automated Irrigation Systems available for Small Scale Farms
When an automated Irrigation System is installed for gardens or small-scale farms it helps in the water distribution process. It makes the water distribution easier, and there is no need for any operator for control.
In simple terms, an automated Irrigation System provides an automated operation of the system with very little or no manual work (except surveillance).
Using new technical types of equipment such as timers, sensors, mechanical appliances, and computers for automating systems like surface, drip, sprinkler, and more. These things make the process of irrigation much more efficient.
The drawback of such systems is that they are complex to design and also expensive. Also, levels of expertise are required to plan and implement systems.
Advantages of Automated Irrigation System
1. It eliminates manual efforts for operations like open and close valves.
2. Water can be made available from different sources, which will help to increase the efficiency of water, and fertilizer use.
3. Automation helps to operate the system at the night, which helps in minimizing the water loss due to evaporation.
4. Energy is conserved as the process of irrigation can be started and stopped as per user needs. Thus it helps to optimize energy requirements.
5. Changes to the frequency of different processes will help in optimizing irrigation, and fertigation process.
Disadvantages of Automated Irrigation System
1. Implementation of such systems is complex, and they can be even more expensive.
2. Electricity is the most important need for most of these automated Irrigation Systems.
What are your thoughts on an automated irrigation system for farmers, comment below
Benefits of Automated Irrigation System
1. Automation of Irrigation Systems helps in water distribution for small-scale farms, and there is no need for an actual operator at all times.
2. Automated Irrigation Systems has various solutions for all farms. Modern big-scale systems are managed by one single operator only, which then handles bigger areas.
3. Different automated Irrigation Systems such as Drip, Sprinkler, and more needs pumps and high-level tech equipment. If such automated Irrigation Systems are used for large surfaces skilled operators are needed.
4. High-tech solutions are also used such as GIS or satellites to measure water needs for every crop out there. This leads to proper water usage and helps in optimizing irrigation systems.
Profitable crops that will help farmers to increase their income
Automated Irrigation Systems for Small Scale Farms
In farming, proper use of irrigation methods is very important, and also automated Irrigation Systems are very efficient when used. In conventional drip systems, farmers make an irrigation timetable, these are different for every crop.
Low-cost products can be made by using low-cost soil moisture sensors, and simple circuitry. These products can be easily bought by even poor farmers. This project helps to grow and develop quality crops where there is water scarcity, and also water has to be used in a limited quantity.
Want to know how to add nitrogen to the soil
Countries that suffer from water scarcity problems for growing crops can use this simple, reliable, and low-cost solution for their purposes. This solution will help them to grow good yields on crops in their land.
Different Automated Systems for Irrigation
High Tech Principles
1. Time-Based System
2. Volume-Based System
3. Open Loop Systems
4. Closed-Loop Systems
5. Computer-Based Irrigation Control Systems
6. Real-Time Feedback System
Low Tech Principles
1. Automatic Surge Flow
2. Gravitational Tank Irrigation System
3. Clay Point and Porous Capsule Irrigation Network
Check out the different types of irrigation systems used in Organic Farming.
Every Irrigation System in our world can now be automated easily, which will help us to save water and time. High tech solutions will help in a very efficient irrigation process.